This guide describes a very specific problem you may encounter if you are setting up Zero BS CRM mail delivery on a shared host or small virtual server. If you are looking for the general ‘how to set up mail delivery’ please see the full guide: Mail Delivery setup in ZBS CRM.
If you’re trying to go through the SMTP mail delivery setup wizard, and you’re having trouble ‘verifying’ your mail endpoint, you can now click ‘Debug’ to see more info on what’s happening. If you click that and then see an error similar to this:
stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate did not match expected
… then this is your issue. Ultimately ZBS is trying to send mail out from your server, through another, and the other server has an outdated SSL certificate, or the DNS somewhere along the network has outdated name records for this domain. Either way, it’s often safe to ‘ignore’ this verification, and as such ZBS CRM has an option for you to disable this (just for outbound mail, this setting will not affect your general PHP ssl verification).
How to remedy SMTP SSL mismatch
Since 2.95.4 Zero BS CRM will do its best to solve this problem for you, but you may need to go into settings and enable the feature. Here’s how:
- Go to Zero BS CRM Settings
- Click “Mail” from the left hand settings menu
- The Mail settings page will look something like this:
- Make sure “Disable SSL Verification” is checked & click Save (at bottom)
- Re-run the Mail Delivery Setup wizard and you will hopefully find that your SMTP method will now verify.